Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quilt Market

In May I was able to attend Quilt Market in Salt Lake City.   I have heard people say that it is AMAZING, and were were not disappointed.  We did not set up a booth because we didn't find out about it until it was too late.  Oh well . . . that just meant I was able to enjoy it without any of the work.  My husband went with me, since we both work for Westenskow's (which is my father's business).  We spent three hours just walking up and down, and up and down each isle.  He is such a trooper!  He let me set the pace and stopped whenever I wanted to - a complaint never crossed his lips.  There were so many gorgeous patterns and all the new fabric lines were to die for!!
They also had a few quilts on display, which were sensational.  My favorite was "Montana Tigers" by Karlyn Bue Lohrenz.


When we were finished we were able to catch a Utah Blaze game (arena football).  It was actually really fun when I could pay attention to it.  My mind kept wandering back to all of the wonderful things I had seen earlier.
 On our way back to our hotel we got lost in an industrial area.  We discovered two things while we were lost.  One, there are bunny rabbits living in South Salt Lake, and two, they run really fast!!  It was a great trip, but my feet were ready for a break by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment