If you have been following this blog you may have noticed it takes me a while to get certain projects finished. I wanted to share some fall pumpkins I have been thinking about for a few months now. They started out like this.
I used Mod Podge, and fall themed fabric cut into strips about 2 inches wide. You can see I didn't measure, just started cutting with scissors.
I painted Mod Podge on the pumpkins and then just stuck fabric to it.
I overlapped the pieces just a little bit.
When it was completely covered I added another layer of Mod Podge to the entire pumpkin and waited for it to dry.
For the second pumpkin I tried something a little bit different. I cut a circle out of burlap with a hole in the middle and put it over the top of the pumpkin.
I used Mod Podge again to adhere it to the pumpkin. The burlap wasn't sticking so I used a few pins to hold it until it dried. (Sorry about the picture I can't figure out how to rotate it, arghh!)
A little brown rick rack and a few bows on the top and they look like this! I think they are much cuter than the $4 plain pumpkins I bought at WalMart.
I am going to be on the lookout for discounted pumpkins just so I can make some more for next year.
I know it is kind of late for a tutorial for a fall project but I am happy to be able to cross something else off my list!