Sunday, December 11, 2011

One More Week

I don't mean to wish my life away, but I am relieved this week is over.  We had some activity every night and with it being as cold as it is I am grateful to spend some time at home this weekend.  
Most of our activities were dance performances.
Big K had her first ballet performance it was so cute.


Big L had her first jazz performance.  I think she is just growing up too fast.  She really did have shoes we just forgot to put them on for the picture.


Between the big girl's performances, the ward party, the elementary singing program and another performance from Little A we had a very busy week.  I was really excited when it was 6:30 on Friday because then I had the rest of the weekend to myself.  

One of the best things about this weekend was my brother and sister in law came down for a visit.  We had seen a cute ruffled tree skirt on Pinterest.  If you don't know about Pinterest head over and check it out.  It is an online pin board where you can save all the wonderful things you find on the internet.  
The tree skirts we saw are pinned here and here.  We just followed the tutorial on the first pin , but instead of using hot glue for everything we used a little bit of sewing, and it worked out great.  I finished the edges, sewed the ruffles and my brother and her glued it on.  


I'm sure they will probably kill me for posting this pic but I thought it was so sweet that my brother was down on the floor helping her get it finished. He earned some serious brownie points in my book!
This is how it ended up!  


We cut the strips 3 inches, rolled the edges under and used a ruffling foot to do all the hard work.  She bought 1 yard of each fabric and we didn't have enough of the black print.  So if you are going to try this I would suggest getting 3 3/4 total yards.  


I know it is going to look great under their tree.  I hope she had a great time because I did!  
Good luck to everyone who has Christmas projects they still need to finish, I know I am going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. Brownie points are a very good thing! Great Tree Skirt. I hope to get my DH to help me put it up this year. He brought it in finally. This is MY busy week. DUP and Quilt Guild -Glad it only comes once a month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea that I'll have to try myself! yet another thing to put on my to-make like for next year! Great job! I'm a new follower to you... come follow me :)
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete