Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know it is a day early, but I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  I know I am grateful for many things, especially my family.  They mean everything to me and my day gets better just by walking in the door.

If you have been following this blog you may have noticed it takes me a while to get certain projects finished.  I wanted to share some fall pumpkins I have been thinking about for a few months now.  They started out like this.


I used Mod Podge, and fall themed fabric cut into strips about 2 inches wide.  You can see I didn't measure, just started cutting with scissors.  


I painted Mod Podge on the pumpkins and then just stuck fabric to it.


I overlapped the pieces just a little bit.


When it was completely covered I added another layer of Mod Podge to the entire pumpkin and waited for it to dry.  

For the second pumpkin I tried something a little bit different.  I cut a circle out of burlap with a hole in the middle and put it over the top of the pumpkin.  


I used Mod Podge again to adhere it to the pumpkin.  The burlap wasn't sticking so I used a few pins to hold it until it dried.  (Sorry about the picture I can't figure out how to rotate it, arghh!)


A little brown rick rack and a few bows on the top and they look like this!  I think they are much cuter than the $4 plain pumpkins I bought at WalMart.  


I am going to be on the lookout for discounted pumpkins just so I can make some more for next year.  

I know it is kind of late for a tutorial for a fall project but I am happy to be able to cross something else off my list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment