Friday, February 8, 2013

Free ebook from Fons & Porter

Happy Weekend to everyone! I have big goals of finishing many items on my to-do list this weekend.  But before I scamper off I wanted to share a way to get a free ebook from Fons & Porter!  I was contacted to give a review of their Log Cabin ebook and let others know of this possibility.  (I was not compensated in any way, other than getting the ebook for free just as everyone else can)



First of all, I love log cabin quilts.  It was one of the first blocks I learned how to make and the possibilities with one block are pretty much endless.  Here are my thoughts. . .

*  The ebook is set up very well, wonderful pictures, diagrams and directions.
*  The patterns have different examples so you can see other color schemes of the same pattern.
*  It is broken down in three main blocks, Traditional, Courthouse Steps and Chevron.  There is really something for everyone.  You can make it as modern or classic as you want.
*  I loved the extra "tips" they give you on subjects like trapunto, piping and binding.

I did have some reservations about it, but I think they are just my personal opinion and not necessarily about the quality of the book!

*  At first I wasn't sure about the whole "ebook" thing.  I have a Kindle and I love to read on it, but I still love traditional books.  Part of me still loves to look through all my old magazines and actually hold the pages.
I downloaded it to my iPhone and it is really handy to have with me all the time.  When I had a dental appointment I sat in the waiting room and looked through the patterns without any extra clutter.  You could download it to any device you have, iPad, computer or tablet and it would work the same!  It wouldn't just have to be in one place, you could have it where ever you go.  If you know you would prefer a paper copy you could print it out at home or have someone else do it for you.
I soon realized it is "okay" to move my quilting life into technology also.  It wasn't as hard of a transition as I thought it would be.

*  To get the ebook have to enter your email and sign up for their free e-newsletter.  Sometimes I hesitate to sign up for anything because I get a lot of emails anyway.  This may be a deterrent to some,   I know how much I hate when my inbox fills up to quickly.  I would actually sign up after seeing the book, it is great information to have and in a format that I can check whenever I want!

So, are you interested?  If so head over and check out Fons & Porter's Build Your Best Log Cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment