Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January Progress & February Goals

January has come and gone much quicker than I anticipated.  Remember when I said there wasn't much substance to my January goals?  I was wrong, very wrong!  Here's how it all turned out.


1 - finish gluing all the small My Tweets blocks to the background fabric

Finished!!!  Wow this one feels good to check off. 

2 - complete the large center medallion for My Tweets

Not finished, in fact the only thing I accomplished was purchasing the pattern.  It is not even printed out yet.  

3 - finish hand sewing 2 small My Tweets blocks

I almost finished hand sewing one block.  

4 - finish star blocks for gift quilt 

I finished most of the piecing components.  I have 52 very small flying geese to make and then assemble the star blocks.  

So in reality I finished 2 of my 4 goals.  If I was being graded I would fail January.  Since I'm not I am happy to say I feel this month was successful!  I sewed more in January than in the past few months and enjoyed it.  February is looking more promising!  

Now, onto February goals.  

I have started a new quilt (no comments asking how many UFO's I have) and I love it!  In my stash there were a lot of strips of Civil War Reproduction fabrics already cut to 1 1/2 inch.  So I am using up the fabric I have left and making a really scrappy, geometric quilt!  the inspiration is pinned here



There is the background story, here are the new goals.  

1- Piece all the blocks
2- Design and piece the borders
3- Quilt it
4- Relax, because if I get this much done it will be a very productive month!

Here is a sneak peek of what I have accomplished so far.  I know, it is only the 5th and I have something to show!  


Cute huh?  The colored squares end up being 3/4 of an inch.  They were so much fun to piece!  

Good luck to everyone participating with Judy at Patchwork Times.  If you haven't been to her site check it out she has so much to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment