Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the United States!  We are grateful to live where we do and have what we have!  
Our family attended a local concert last night and parade this morning. 


We enjoyed catching candy and watching our three little ones dance. Thankfully it was a little overcast and not as hot as earlier in the week. 

My dad used to own a bicycle shop when I was younger. He would sell Schwinn bicycles exclusively and we always used these sacks on the 4th of July. 


This is the last year we will have these sacks. We have depleted all the reserves my parents have. Twenty three years after my dad sold the store they are no more. 

Last night we went to the park and attended a concert by Charlie Jenkins. It was great and fun to be with a lot of the community. My sweet sister made shirts for my our girls!  


I only snapped a pic of 1 of the 5 girls in their shirts. They were so excited to wear them last night and they loved them so much they wore them again today!  It is a white t-shirt with slits cut in the side and a wide ribbon wove through it. They turned out pretty cute. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'm planning on taking a nap this afternoon and hopefully finish my quilt!  




No comments:

Post a Comment