Friday, January 10, 2014

On the Needles 1-10-14

Hello again!  I am excited to share what I started yesterday, dun, dun, dun . . . a sweater!!  Have I told you I love knitting!

Since last week I finished the first gray cable sock and cast on this Ease sweater.  I have been eyeing this sweater for a few months and my sweet husband (and inlaws) gave me a gift certificate for yarn as a Christmas gift.  I happily bought enough for this sweater.


The color is a heathery purple.  It doesn't look like much yet but I'm going slow because I have no idea what I am doing!  But I figure if I follow the pattern, which is well written and pretty easy, I should be okay.  And if not I can always take it out and try again.

I like a good challenge, and honestly learning how to knit has been really good for me while I am in my master's program.  I actually had to bribe myself to finish the class I was working on before I cast this on.  I am glad to say that I have finished it and now I am enjoying this knit before I have start on the next class.

Head over to Patchwork Times to see what everyone else is working on!

1 comment:

  1. Love your yarn... the color is scrumptious! Good luck with the sweater. I have yet to make one myself, but will.... soon.

    ReplyDelete