Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last Minute Summer Activity

A few weeks ago our family needed to get out of the house.  We traveled a bit to Cove Fort.  Cove Fort is a little fort built when Utah was first being settled.  They actually have a celebration called "Cove Fort Days."  It was great, free hot dogs, chips and drinks and lots to learn and discover.  There were lots of booths set up where we could walk around and learn about doctors in the 1800's, food, and life in general.  


They had a chicken tied up at one of the booths.  The big girls thought it was very cute.  


Little A had fun trying to make the wooden man jump.  


Big L tried weaving a rug.  I remember my grandmother had a loom just like this one only a little bigger. When she passed away my uncle inherited the loom and made rugs for many of the grandkids.  It is the best rug in my house.  

We went on a wagon ride, which was awesome!  




The sweet lady that was sitting by my girls thought K was going to fall out so halfway through the ride she held onto her shirt, just in case!


We also played "pioneer" games like "fling the wire ring with two sticks," and "try to keep a heavy iron ring rolling with one big stick."  Yup, those are the official names in my book.  I'm sure the correct names are much cooler than mine.   


We even tried to walk on stilts.  My kids really want a set now!  

We had a great time and my kids were grateful to get out of the house!  See you soon, I promise not to be away for as long.  

2 comments:

  1. How fun! We went last year for Cove Fort Days. I completely forgot about it this time. It looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would put it all up the girl.

    ReplyDelete