Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Soapbox Message

I'm back!  I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted anything, I guess life just gets away from me.  We have been busy getting ready for school to start (next week ahh!)  Since I have been bact at work this was pushed to the back burner for a bit.  
I am happy to say that I am ready for school to start.  I know there are people out there that say being a teacher would be such an easy job because you only have to work 9 months out of the year.  In theory that is true, but many of us go into work during the summer (no pay, go to training (sometimes with no pay) and spend money we will not get reimbursed for.  I know many of my colleagues find summer jobs just to make ends meet.  
But I have to say I have the best job in the world!  What other job can you have where you are greeted by 20 kids that absolutely love you for just being you?  It doesn't matter that I can't draw a turkey because when I tell them it is a turkey they think it is the best.  I can have the worst hair day and someone will whisper to me "teacher, you look pretty today."  Where else can I touch so many lives and help so many children as in a school.  I know there are many people out there who don't believe teaching in an honorable profession.  To those people please think back to your younger years and try to remember someone that touched your life, most likely you will find at least one teacher.  If any of you know a teacher, please take a few seconds and thank them.  We don't hear it enough.  All right, I will step off my soapbox now, thanks for listening!  (And I really love my job!)









1 comment:

  1. I don't know who thinks teaching is not an honorable profession (those jerks!). I think teaching our youth is one of the most valuable professions there is, & if our country had its priorities right, teachers would be paid FAR more than they are! ~Joye

    ReplyDelete