Monday, June 10, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Hello everyone again!  Wow, two posts in one day and it isn't even lunch time yet. I can only study for so long before I either fall asleep or zone out and can't remember the last 3 pages I read. To combat this I have been sewing a little.

Recently my mother acquired a Go Baby die cut machine. I didn't think I would use it much but I have loved it!  I recently came up with this cute little block. 


I am trying out raw edge appliqué just so I can finish some projects. I don't like it as much, it is not as pretty but I have too many ideas and can't finish them all.  This is not sewn down yet, but I will be using invisible thread with a small zigzag stitch. I'm not even sure if this is the "correct" way. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. 

I am pairing this block with a log cabin type block to give it some interest. Here is what I have so far. 


I really love this quilt. I'm trying to decide if I should add a couple more rows or leave it square for a wall hanging. 

I hope you stop by Patchwork Times and check out the other projects!  

1 comment: