Monday, January 2, 2012

Projects and Goals for 2012

Well if you haven't noticed check out the right side of my blog.  There are three new buttons that show what I would like to accomplish (start?) in 2012.  I feel like I am being overly ambitious and I hope it doesn't come back to bite me later.  I already blogged about Judy's UFO challenge.  I couldn't wait to see what project I would be working on first and it will be #5, the embroidery envelope!


I pulled it out last night and I think I can get it finished tonight, that is if I quit blogging about it and get to work.  

I also want to participate in the Color Palette Challenge hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times and Vicki Welsh from Field Trips in Fiber.  Each month Vicki will choose a color palette and we are supposed to design something with it.  Here is the palette for this month, along with her inspiration.  You can find her post here.

6a00d8341c1b7353ef0162fed69a5d970d-pi.jpg


I am not planning on making something huge, because it needs to be finished by the end of the month and I want a lot of finished projects by the end of the year, not more UFO's.  When I saw the inspiration I fell in love with it.  I can't wait to start designing and make something amazing!!

The final challenge I would like to participate in is the Free Motion Quilting Challenge.  I would love to learn how to machine quilt because I have a few tops that need to be finished and no cash to send them to a long arm quilter.  I am looking forward to learning new tips and tricks that will help me become a better machine quilter.  The January practice page is here.  I am planning on using the Color Palette Challenge quilt to practice my technique!

In my mind I can get everything done!  You know, after being a mom, wife, teacher, house cleaner, dance instructor, and all the other jobs I have, right?  Well I figure it will either keep me sane or make me insane.  Either way it will be quite a ride!



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your 2012 plans. I'll be joining you with both of Judy's challenges. And you might just have gotten me hooked on the FMQ challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anne, she drew a great number for you for the first UFO, didn't she?! I love Crabapple Hill stitcheries! I was so tempted by the color challenge, but I think the three I've committed to (along with stash reporting) are enough for me!! Any more and who knows if I'd get anything done! Enjoy working on your Embroidery Envelope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great plan to use the color palette challenge projects to learn the free motion quilting!

    ReplyDelete