Friday, June 29, 2012

Panguitch Rewind

The first part of June we went to Panguitch for the annual Quilt Walk Festival.  As usual it was lots of fun.  I entered four quilts into the show this year.  Hey, I am proud of myself for getting anything accomplished!  Wahoo for me!  Regular readers will recognize these.  


Viola's Jewelry Box, designed for McCall's Design Star contest, machine quilted by me also!  Little A's cheesy picture face is too funny!


Midnight Garden, also designed for McCall's, quilted by Yvonne Willden


Unnamed quilt (left), designed by me, machine quilted by me.  
Lava Lamps, designed by me for my dad and machine quilted by me.  

Little A and I went walking around to look at all the quilts.  When we found the quilts in the picture above she ran over to them and started petting them and just touching every part she could.  For those of you who are not of the quilting world that is a BIG no no.  They don't want anyone touching anything!  Usually she doesn't touch the quilts, but since they were mine I guess she thought it would be okay.  Well, I got some not so nice looks from the ladies that were standing around us!  I'm not sure they believed me when I said they were my quilts. 


My mom and I also did a "make and take" on Thursday night.  We knew about it for months, but we just couldn't come up with anything we liked, finally three days before we decided to make a traveling pouch for our hand tools.  


The inside of the pouch, along with our seam ripper, stiletto and ream presser.  


The outside of the pouch, on the right the rolled up shot, and on the left the expanded shot.  


These are just a few of the pouches that were made by the ladies that stopped by.  
It was the best project!  We used bamboo felt, which feels like a thinner wool, but it is not as expensive!    We sewed the pouch so the only thing the customers had to do was make the flowers and glue the ribbon on.  They were a big hit!  

Since this is going to be a long post anyway I will just keep going.  

While we were in Panguitch we made a little side trip to Bryce Canyon, and with it only being 30 miles away it was little.  It was a last minute decision so we went in flip flops, which wasn't the best choice but we survived.  Oh yea, and a bonus was when we got there it was get into the park free day or something like that, so we didn't even have to pay the $25 to get in, bonus for us!!

Here is one of the views.  


The little spindly (that is a word right?) things are called hoodoos.  


Here is another view.  It is hard to see from the pictures but it is an amazing sight!  They have trails you can walk down into the canyon, or you can drive to the different look out points in your car and walk a few hundred feet to see the canyon from the top.  


We met a little friend on the way!



It was a great day!  I'm glad we decided to take a little time to go walk around as a family and enjoy some amazing scenery.  If you want to find out more about Bryce Canyon go here.




1 comment:

  1. What a nice post Anne! Your quilts look great (and so do you & yours!:-)

    ReplyDelete