Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birthday Present

As I told you earlier it was my mom's birthday this week.  I wanted to get her something that different that she would actually use.  I found this really cute thread holder by Grey Luster Girl, you can find her great tutorial here.  Anyway, my husband made it for me because he is very handy and I am not!  Here is what it started out like.  


We painted it white and I added a few new spools of thread.  


One more great thing is that he made me one too!  I know, I am spoiled.  Hopefully now both of us can keep track of what colors of thread we have and even be able to find where they are.

1 comment:

  1. Anne,
    My mom and I were just reading through your bio on the McCalls Quilt Design start challenge. HOW COOL that you were inspired by her! Thanks soooo much for sharing! You really just made my moms day!! :)
    ~Natalia Bonner

    ReplyDelete