Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Quilt!

Well I realized that I have a lot of info about me but not a lot of pictures of what I can do.  Here is a quilt I made a few years ago.  I have always loved apple core quilts but I didn't want to make one because of those horrible curved seams.  Curved seams and I have not had a good relationship!  I decided to tackle one with the help of a presser foot that allows you to sew curves without pinning.  Sorry, I don't remember the name or where I purchased the presser foot.
I started by cutting out fabric that I had bought on clearance (gotta love those fabric deals).  With the template I was able to cut out three layers at a time.

Westenskow & Sons template
Then I just laid the pieces out on the floor until I was happy with the design.  It is a great quilt to cuddle under, just right when I watch tv.  I did not pin one seam on this whole quilt!


It is one of my favorite lap quilts and I may make another!

No comments:

Post a Comment