Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One More Project Finished

A few years ago my oldest daughter wanted to sew a quilt.  So we started, and like almost every other quilt project in our house it was put aside for awhile.  She really wanted to finish it at the beginning of the summer, and we finished it this week!!
This is my mom, "L", and I putting it on frames.  I am so lucky to live close to my mom because I am not confident enough to do this by myself.  My poor mother has to come to my rescue at least once a week!


"A" was close by to help throughout the process.  Her favorite part was pushing the thumb tacks down, and holding onto any piece of fabric.    



Of course "K" was our constant cheerleader, she even threw a few disco moves in her routine!



It was really great to spend some time with "L" while we were tying the quilt.  "L" is such a natural and she didn't want to go to bed because she was having such a good time.  We put minky fabric on the back and she can't wait to use it everyday.


The only hard part will be trying to get it away from the other two!


I feel so honored to be able to pass on my love of fabric and quilting to my children.  It keeps me connected to my past while looking forward to the future with my three little ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment